According to Shopify’s Future of Commerce Report, more than half (53%) of consumers prefer green or sustainable products and value brands that demonstrate authenticity and transparency. If you’re looking for a greener way to scratch that online shopping itch, then you need to check out Shop, Shopify’s mobile shopping assistant app. Shop helps shoppers discover new products from their favorite brands, place orders faster, track packages, and more, all in one place.
You can also reduce the environmental impact of shopping online with Shop Pay—the fastest and most secure way to shop online. When checking out with Shop Pay in the app, shoppers are helping Shop in their mission to restore the Casamance Mangroves in Senegal, Africa, with a goal to plant 4.6 million mangrove trees over the next two years at no extra cost to shoppers.
Just in time for Earth Day on April 22, Shop has rolled out its Sustainability Collection, a new way for shoppers to discover 50 businesses that are committed to minimizing their environmental impact and creating positive change. The Sustainability Collection includes household names like Allbirds and Pangaia, as well as some exciting Canadian brands.
Here are a few brands in Canada that are making a difference for our planet.
- KOTN: Sustainable Clothing & Home Decor
- Designed in Canada, ethically and sustainably made in the Nile Delta. Shoppers can purchase quality basics from 100% Egyptian cotton with every purchase funding new schools.
- Abeego: Reusable Food Wraps
- Abeego’s mission is to #KeepFoodAlive for a food secure world and demonstrates the powers of beeswax while getting natural, reusable food storage into kitchens everywhere.
- Satya: Organic Skincare
- Satya is a steroid-free, effective anti-inflammatory that can be used for the face or body. It’s made with five simple ingredients, is fragrance-free, and USDA-certified organic.
- Jungle Supply: Ceramic Plant Pots
- A female-run, small business focusing on sustainability and supporting the environment. Its signature cylinder series features clean lines and a smooth matte finish.
- THE SLOW FIT: Online designer consignment store featuring brands from Aritzia to Prada.
- It offers a space where you can save money and the planet by buying and selling gently worn garments and accessories.