The kids are marking the calendar, counting down the days to the end of the school year. And with that comes hot days and freedom in the summer sun. For families hoping to keep their kids busy this summer, look no further thank to Bingemans’ for your one stop for all of your family activities. With a kids play area, bowling, waterpark, mini golf and camping all in one place, everything you’ll need for a great summer getaway is in one place.
Waterloo Region’s leader in entertainment and hospitality, Bingemans is a multi-use amusement park, campground, conference and event centre and catering service located in Kitchener, Ont. With 11 individual waterslides, Spray ‘n’ Play and wave pool — plus FunworX, Kingpin Bowlounge, Excavation Station, paintball, mini golf, beach volleyball, EscapeworX, Grand Experiences on the Grand River and camping — Bingemans is Waterloo Region’s largest amusement park.
Big Splash Water Park
Bingemans’ Big Splash, the biggest and wettest waterpark in Waterloo Region will be open every day of the season starting June 28th right around the time the school year begins.
The water-fueled adrenaline rush at Big Splash includes:
- Wave Pool — Waterloo’s first and largest wave pool offers an assortment of wave patterns, a circulating channel and water umbrella.
- Spray ‘N’ Play — A splash pad that will cool you off with geysers, three children’s slides, a net walk, water umbrella and a 1,200-gallon tipping water bucket.
- Boomerango — Riders sit in a raft as they hurtle down a huge drop and race towards an almost vertical wall.
- Full Throttle — Four friends race in a slippery, watery drop down separate slides towards a splashy finish.
- The Cyclone —The rider circles round and round a giant bowl and the drops you into a splash pool below.
- Torpedo Bay — Three separate, enclosed AquaTube Slides ending in dropping off into the pool below.
- The Pipe — Totally awesome, totally enclosed, totally yours to discover, these two twisting pipe slides combine both speed and thrills.
Camping at Bingemans’
The camping resort features 450 sites for tents, trailers and RVs, seasonal camping, and cabins. Guests have the option to pull up your own trailer or pitch your tent right alongside the Grand River, enjoying a wooded landscape, and all the basic camping amenities like a fire pit and picnic table. Wake up in the morning, look out over the river and it is unbelievable that you are literally only minutes from all the conveniences of the city.
If you’re looking for more of a glamping experience, Bingemans offers cabin lodges and shipping containers converted to cabins, with beds to sleep in, electrical service, mini fridges — and air conditioning for those hot summer nights (amenities in log and container cabins vary). Each container cabin can sleep 5 guests comfortably in two bunk beds (1 single, 1 double + single).
Activities at Bingemans’
Explore FunworX all year long, a three-level indoor playground for children of all ages, boasting an arcade, climbing wall, and more. Bingemans is also home to Canada’s largest Boston Pizza, 28 lanes of 10-pin bowling at Kingpin Bowling, billiards, ping pong, outdoor beach volleyball, three food trucks and outstanding banquet and catering facilities.